Kim Bellavia is a sculptor mixed media artist from the Finger Lakes region in New York. A core Theme in her work is creating art as a practice to experience a sacred relationship with the natural world depicting how nature and human nature weave themselves into the intrigue of life and the entropy of existence.
Her sculptures are constructed using a variety of materials such as clay, paper clay, cobb, and cement. Influenced by folklore, myth and symbolism of nature the forms in her work reveal the human aura of the natural environment expressing the connection between nature and human nature.
Kim has received numerous community arts grants which have directly involved participants from the community to be involved in the process and outcome.
Grant Awards/Solo Exhibitions
- 2023: Cobblestone Art Center, Farmington, New York: "Bittersweet"
- 2022: Creatives Rebuild New York, Guaranteed Income Grant
- 2022: NYSCA DEC Collaborative Artist Grant: "The Gathering of Kin"
- 2021: NYSCA DEC Individual Artist Grant: "Feathers of Hope"
- 2020: NYSCA DEC Individual Artist Grant: "Intimate Connections"
- 2017: Cornell University Botanic Gardens: "Whispering from the Woods"
- 2017: Buffalo and Erie County Botanical Gardens: "Whispering from the Woods"
- 2016: NYSCA DEC Individual Artist Grant: "The Language of Hands"
- 2015: NYSCA DEC Individual Artist Grant: "Looking for the Green Man"
- 2014: NYSCA DEC Individual Artist Grant: "Soul Vessels"
- 2012: NYSCA DEC Individual Artist Grant: "Everyday Armor"
- 2011: NYSCA Individual Artist Grant: " Woodland Merry-Go Round Project"
- 2021: “Grimes Glen Goddess Fountain", Maxfield Inn Bed and Breakfast, Naples, New York
- 2021: "The Enchanted Forest" outdoor sculpture on the Auburn Trail, Cobblestone Arts Center, Farmington NY
- 2020: "Phoenix" outdoor garden sculpture, Cobblestone Arts Center, Farmington, New York
- 2016: Mural, Outdoor, 10' x 22' at the Cobblestone Theater Arts Center, Farmington, New York
- Original article published on MPNNOW.com
Group Exhibitions (selected)
- 2022: "Sculpture Installation, Dance Collaboration, Herb Haven" - Naples, New York., The Gathering of Kin
- 2020: Curat10n, "Nature/Human Nature" - London, U.K., Virtual Exhibition
- 2019: Rochester Contemporary Art Center - Members Show, Rochester, New York
- 2016: NYFA Entrepreneur Boot Camp: Auburn Public Theatre, Auburn, New York
- 2016: Portfolio Review: Wave Hill Public Gardens and Cultural Center, Bronx, New York
- 2017: Retreat/Residency: January 2-7, Saltonstall Art Colony, Ithica, New York